Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Tamara Drew isn't Dribble-

This British film is fun and cute, but most men will hate it.  I know, I know I lost them at British Film-
But it is a delightful peak into a small English town and the activities that unfold when a beautiful girl Tamara Drewe (played by Gemma Arterton) returns to her home town. 
Although the story is really not about that- it is about two teens obsessed with a rock star and the ridiculous things they do to get near him.
But really it isn’t about that either- it is about a writers retreat on a delightful little farm.  It tells of a stuck writer and how he finds his muse.
Then again, it isn’t about that either- it is more about the strapping handy man Andy Cobb played by Luke Evens (can I hear an Amen!)  and his life long crush on the girl next door.
But really- it is about more than just that-
Fun witty and delightful- if the guy has to sit through it, I recommend turning on the subtitles to keep him from falling asleep.  If it is just the girls-  I think you will love it!

3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment